Tuesday, March 10, 2009

We're Not in Kansas Anymore!



Trampolines are obviously NOT for country people! We had a heck of a storm blow in this past Sunday morning. When we looked out the window, we saw Ky's trampoline swingin' in the wind. This was tramp#2, as #1 was replaced last year.

When Ky returned from her friends house later that afternoon, she just looked at us with those puppy dog eyes, trying NOT to cry....

KY: "Can I get a new one? I'll help pay for it." (sniffle sniffle)

(What do I say to that?)

FarmGirl: "Sure thing."

Ky: "Why did the wind have to do that again? I like my trampoline. Can you sew it?"

(Uh, no....have you ever seen me sew?? Not pretty, believe me!)

FarmGirl: "I don't think that would help. We will try to get you another one soon."

Ky: "Can you try to sew it? It wouldn't be hard." (more sniffles)

FarmGirl: "We have to get it out of the tree first, then we will see."

Ky: "I hate that tree!!!!!!!!"

And off she ran....no longer able to be brave. She later came in to help fold laundry and apologized for saying "hate". All over a trampoline, and the funny thing is....I wanted to cry! I felt like I had taken her best friend away!

Dang ole' WIND!!

2 comments:

Frizzy said...

Man! That's no fun or fair at all. Here's to better luck with #3. Can you nail them down with tent poles? Don't have one so I'm not sure how they work.

~B. said...

Awww...poor Ky. :( Did the wind get last year's, too?

I've heard of people digging out the ground enough to submerge the trampline and still allow all that bounce room. I think they did that for safety reasons if they didn't want or have a net around the perimeter? Am I making any sense?

Followers