Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Touched My Heart

Children hold a special place in my heart. FarmBoy and I have been blessed with a pretty incredible child that is just as beautiful on the inside as she is on the out. Ky is a healthy, average 11 year old girl. As a parent, I think that one of our biggest fears is the fear of our child being diagnosed with some horrible disease or getting terribly hurt...or even worse, losing them. I am often reminded of how blessed FarmBoy and I are when I hear the radio-thon for March of Dimes, or when a terminally ill child comes into my office. Life is often taken for granted as we all sometimes overlook what is important.

I am briefly blogging this because today when I opened my email, there was the typical YAHOO headlines, and there happened to be a link of Beyonce singing at a concert in Australia. The brief headline mentioned that she dedicated the song to a child.....so of course, I wanted to check it out. I just love it when a "star" does something nice...especially, yep you guessed it, for a child.

So, I clicked on this link, not knowing that I would need a tissue. This girl, this little child, is battling Leukemia. While hugging Chelsea, she looked into her eyes as she sang "I got my angel now," before resting her head on Chelsea's chest. She also added the child's name to the lyric, "[Chelsea] I can see your halo, you know you're my saving grace."

I lost it. Plain.And.Simple. Wow..... As I am even typing this, it brings tears to my eyes, because I cannot imagine being that little girl's parent...it is quite humbling.

So take a look, and thank God today for your blessings!

1 comment:

Frizzy said...

Are you still out there? Haven't seen you in forever or seen you update a post either. Hope all is well. I saw this on Oprah and it brought tears to my eyes too.

Followers