Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Honest Scrap...or Crap--You Decide!!



Good ole' Momster has tagged me for a fun lovin' game of 10 things....in this case, first 10 honest things about me. Right now, the way I feel, this could get me in trouble, so I will do my best to tone it down and be ladylike!! HAHA!!

The RULES are as follows:

The honorees are to:

A) First list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! (Scary!!!)


B) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap. (This is usually the hardest rule for me to follow, so I will just ask that all who read this AND have time(haha) do this and link back to me!! I will list a few blogs at the end, but I am sure that by the time I get this done, I will not put anyone!! My initial intentions are ALWAYS good, I promise!!)


Alright, then....here we go.....YEE HAW!!

1. I CANNOT stand peas....they are just plain NASTY!! (and they are NOT a vegetable PEOPLE!!!! It is a starch!!! So quit making kids suffer by eating them!!) My little nephew Logan has NO idea how painful it was for me to eat 2, (and when I say 2, I mean 2, no more, no less!!) of those with him a few weeks ago. I really wanted to help him hide them in his napkin. But I was the good Auntie and choked them down with a quart of milk!! YUK! Peas are just GROSS!!

2. I love being a mom, I mean LOVE it!! I enjoy doing homework with Ky, taking her places--trips or just a quick run to Wally World. I like that she will still grab my hand while we are walking sometimes, and I love that she lets me tuck her in at night...."snug as a bug in a rug". Being a mom completes me, even though sometimes we both push each others buttons. I love it....the best thing that I ever did!!

3. I am a hateful little snot when I am hot. My best pal Angie can attest to that! I feel like I could cause bodily harm to ANYONE when the sweat beads above my upper lip---just THINKING about it makes my blood pressure jump a notch! FarmBoy takes great pleasure in my discomfort during these times...and honestly, I could choke him!! (man, I am feeling a bit aggressive today, aren't I??)

4. I smoke...and I wish I would stop. I don't even smoke a pack in a day...maybe 2 or 3 days, so I don't know why I just don't quit!! UGH!! But in defense of my poor choice, I do not smoke in the house or car.....I don't want Ky to breath it in AND I cannot stand the smell!!

5. On the smoking thing, I wear a hat, even if it is 105 degrees outside....I will wear a hat when I smoke so that my hair won't smell like it! And a glove...yes, ONE glove!! (FarmBoy says it is my Michael Jackson look!!) I don't want my fingers to smell like it either!!

6. I just adore Chelsea Handler! She cracks me up! I watch her show on E! and her brutal honesty and "take no prisoners" approach to everything is freakin' hilarious!! The roundtable is the best!!

7. My first "relationship" was of course, young love, in 1st grade. I loved G Potts and JAzdell. When I officially got all my "stuff" out of my parents house when they moved a few years ago, I found some of our refreshing love notes. The fact that we (and yes, the boys did too) took so much time to put these little notes together is quite entertaining. Remember the ditto machines---they printed purple colored ink off of a roller. Anyway, our daily worksheets always had a section in the top right corner for "Name". We would cut the tops of the returned worksheets off, tape together to make a long strip, and see how many times we could get "love" written across the top. THEN, we would roll them around our pencil and give to our love of the day. I mean....that is crazy!! So much thought at what, 7 yrs old???? And yes, I still had one or 2 that I have gotten from them.

8. (Another elementary confession) I had a nemesis all through school, BChase. And boy howdy, I could not stand her and she could not stand me. It was unfortunate that we lived on the same block because even when school was out, we had to see each other. I would compare our relationship to that of Seinfeld and Newman...when we would see each other, we would just snarl at each other. ANYWAY!!! In 4th grade, I buddied up with DLong to prepare our "attacks". We would take the erasers off of the top of our pencils at home, roll them in glue, let dry and repeat until a nice hard outter shell was obtained. We would then take our "artillery" to school and pelt her upside the head during the Pledge. I know that this was mean, and if Ky ever did such a thing, she'd get in big ole' trouble (unless it was her nemesis StringBean, then I would silently smile)....but, I will be honest here....I still think its freakin' funny!!!!!!!! (Please don't think less of me people!!)

9. Holey socks & underwear irk me. FarmBoy especially loves this about me...prancing around the living room with a big ole hole in his sock, or heaven forbid, how "airy" he is feeling today (he can be so gross)!! And I have TRIED to trash them, but FarmBoy thinks it is SOOO funny, that he will dig them out of the trash can, wash them, to only drive me nutty later by showing me that he "saved" his drawers!! I now (silently) examine his undergarments in his clothes chest, and if there is a hole, I rip the snot out of them, until only pieces remain!! I know that if there was a hidden camera on me while performing this ritual, I would look like a mad Indian showing off a prized scalp!

10. Last honest thing....hmmmm....I really like to read. I am a little OCD about it though, and just cannot STOP reading if involved in a great book. I think I have probably mentioned this before, but the Twilight Series, by Stephenie Meyer, was incredible! So check it out!!

Alrighty then....I am done. It is now my turn to pass on this award, so I am passing on to all the blogs on my blog roll. (Yep, I am lazy, but my blog roll is very dear to me, and all the ladies on it...so check it out!) And anyone else, feel free to join the fun!

Toodle Loo...and YEE HAW!!

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Then I guess I get this little lovely! Whoo-hoo!

I only like peas in pot pie. That is the only way I will eat them. Otherwise, ICK.

Have you read Chelsea's book? OMG I would laugh every night reading it. It was hilarious! Good read.

~B. said...

It totally surprises me that you smoke...though, at the same time, it totally doesn't surprise me. See...I have this strange crazy theory that smokers are usually much more easy-going and cool. I quit forever (or until I'm 60) almost two years ago...so I know what I'm talking about. ;)

Followers