Monday, January 19, 2009

Kiss My GRITS!!

So I was minding my own business....trying to get in the Monday groove. {{It did not help that the dang bus was 12 min early, so I had to take Ky to school. Why oh why could I not have been off work today?}}

ANYWAY....(sheesh, I really AM easily distracted) phones were ringing and I was running to the back phone while on the cordless {{pray tell why no one can get line 2 to ring up front....maybe it is BossMan's kind way of telling me to get off my badonka donk??? hmmmm}}

My story....OKAY! Ringing phone in back...as I answered it, I had to stiffle a SHRIEK because the biggest, HAIRY ASS mouse ran right in front of me!!! Being that I am so quick and limber, I hopped (or thumped) onto the desk. The little sucker turned around and LOOKED at me and ran for cover!!

{{Alright, I am a FarmGirl, and I know that if there is ONE, then there are FIVE!! I do not know how the "math" works, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.}}

I manage to get thru the phone conversation, (I still do not know who called or why....YIKES!!) and I quicky sprint into the front show room, crawl into my chair, and call BossMan. He says, "FarmGirl, chill" as he listens to my crazy talk! I explain to him that I suffered thru the "bug" problem (don't even ask...it was TERRIBLE), but that I could NOT handle lice infested mice running amuck!! Again, "FarmGirl chill" (he likes to embrace his heritage when I am wiggin' out)

After a few deep breaths, I called FarmBoy! Who, of course, immediately laughed his ASS off!! He has SEEN my quick, limber moves before and just kept laughing and saying...."Oh I can just see YOU FARMGIRL!!!" {{hoot hoot....cackle cackle}} He is not a very gracious hubby, is he??? hmpf!

It took me about 10 minutes to "brave" to the back of the store,where the crime went down, but I had to! My breakfast was back there! So I tiptoed back and slowly made the corner to the "snack" area (this is a closet w/ a mini-mini frig & microwave)and low and behold the little MF'r ate my package of grits!!!! And there is mouse crap all over the freakin' microwave!! So I threw all my potential mouse food into the mini-mini frig and ran for cover!! Can you BELIEVE IT?? The little punk ATE MY GRITS!!!

I have been sitting up front, the rest of the morning, with my feet perched on the rollers of my desk chair. BossMan will be here soon, with traps. And he has another thing coming if he thinks I am capable of disposing of slain mice bodies!!

I still cannot believe that my breakfast is now feeding the mouths of a thieving mice community. All I have to say about that is...yep, you guessed it....KISS MY GRITS!!!!

7 comments:

~B. said...

No WAY!!! This totally needs to be an episode on some show. Who do you want to play you?

Ugh...I hope that the traps work and that Bossman takes care of the carcasses. How old is Bossman, anyway? All that chill talk. ;)

FarmGirl said...

BossMan is 34 and full of it. This was just the beginning of a wonderful week---NOT!!

Aubrey said...

Eeeeek! I wanna cry! I HATE mice. HATE.

One word. Ok, two. LOL
Office Cat!

Debbie Y. said...

Mice and lizards drive me crazy.

I had a lizard get in the house and slither across my foot in the dark kitchen one night. I thought I was having a heart attack. Stepped on one coming out of the laundry room. Don't know how they are getting in.

Then a little mouser gets in the same way and sits across the room scrunching his little nose and blinking his eyes at me as I am frozen solid with fear over a little bitty furry creature.

Eddie said "Mickey" committed suicide in the mousetrap because he couldn't stand listening to the 60's music I had cranked on the stereo. I told Eddie to bite me.

Sorry you lost your grits.

That's a downright shame and hubby should not be laughing, but WTH, that's what they do best.

Anonymous said...

oh. mai. gawd. if i saw a mouse in here i'd have to close the office. i'm the only person that works here and if my hubs could not hot foot it right over i'd be goin home!

~B. said...

I've got an award for yooooouuuuuuu. :) Come see me. xoxoxo

Jacie said...

left you an award at my blog Mom Stuff

Followers