Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Language of Women---9 Tips

Ok, so it has been MONTHS since I posted anything really interesting or worthy reading. Time has just gotten the best of me.....for now anyway. This morning, I decided I needed a breather, so I was catching up on emails and got this one from my pal Liz. In my mind, I was thinking, "How appropriate...perfect timing". With that said, I have printed this to share with FarmBoy tonite...you know, to "help him along". I then decided to post it here too. I know men in general struggle with understanding women, but there are times where it is really a no brainer!! Here is a recent example of FarmBoy's brilliance. I encourage you all to post a story about a man you love, a story that will have us all mesmerized with their super intelligence! (ok, I even rolled my eyes as I was typing this....ooooh, and again....CRAZY!!)

FarmBoy's Smart Story

Work is busy....farming is done......so he calls (yesterday at 11am).....

FarmBoy: "FarmGirl, how many packages of fish do you want me to put out for supper?"
FarmGirl: "Two."
FarmBoy: "Are you sure?"

(My phone at work is just ringing off the hook, I put him on hold)

FarmGirl: "I gotta go....it's busy today."
FarmBoy: "So how many packages?"
FarmGirl: "Two."
FarmBoy: "Don't you think that will be too much?"

(I am getting a little annoyed now....)

FarmGirl: "Fine, one."
FarmBoy: "Well, I'll just put out two."
FarmGirl: (large sigh) "Whatever. Sounds good."
FarmBoy: "You're sure that isn't too much?"

(Ok......at this point, bodily harm comes to mind. Are we seriously having this conversation???)

FarmGirl: (in a short, quiet voice) "If you knew the answer to your question, then why are you calling me? One.... Two.... I really do NOT care---I have to go."

(phone's ringing again)

FarmBoy: (still not having a clue) "Oh, you're busy? Call me back later."

(I am staring at the phone....is this really happening?)

FarmGirl: (in my sticky sweet voice) "Bye" (ya know the "bye", where the "y" is held extra long???)

So based on this story, I think FarmBoy needs a "gentle" reminder of our language....I dropped a few "fines" and "whatevers", but he still struggled with the situation. God Bless him.

Oh, and when I got home, TWO packages were out!! Go figure!!

9 Tips on the Language of Women

(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a woman can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or Faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome' ... that will bring on a 'whatever').

(8) Whatever: Is a women's way of saying ______ YOU!

(9) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to # 3.

9 comments:

Frizzy said...

Still love whomever wrote this code down for our men. Too bad they STILL haven't figured it out or cared enough to pay attention.

FarmGirl said...

It cracks me up....FarmBoy can be so clueless sometimes!!

I am coming over to "see you" in a few! Miss ya!

Lilly said...

That was funny!

Missy said...

Timely...were you hanging out at my house this week? (:
I need to get back on the blogging bandwagon myself...

Scary Mommy said...

LOL!!! It's amazing, after 13 years, how my husband still does not hear me. I can't figure out if he just doesn't listen or if he is a complete idiot. I'm leaning towards the former. ;)

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Amen, sister. lol My husband has such difficulty in understanding WHEN an argument should just END. I give him every opportunity and/or indication in the world that we should STOP COMMUNICATING WITH ONE ANOTHER (including saying "we don't need to talk about this until I calm down and get over the urge to smack the living snot out of you") and yet he still can't seem to get it. Go figure. We had one such similar incident tonight, as a matter of fact. I swear, I think that man's mouth is a complete and seperate entity from his common sense. And that mouth gets him in more da** trouble....

By the way, if you want to know more about the WW mentioned in my post today, just e-mail me. I don't want to clutter up your comment section with it. :)

Kari
grannyskywalker@yahoo.com

Rachel Berry said...

I have seen this going around blog land and it cracks me up everytime! ;)

FarmGirl said...

Glad you all got a giggle at poor FarmBoy's expense!! After I posted this, I briefly (key word there) briefly thought, "man, that is mean of me to make fun of him". I, of course, quickly came to my senses....he's a man, he can't help it!!

Thank you all for stopping in!!!

Aubrey said...

First of all, I'm glad to see you back!!

This was great. I think I need to print these out and hang them in each room of our house! LOL

Followers