Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy Fall Ya'll

We went on a little adventure out into our woods Monday night, "Checking out the crops," as FarmBoy would say. Old Blue (now that is a classic farm truck if I have ever seen one) hauled us up the "old lane", Ky riding in the back with our other "puppies" and Little Man (who you met earlier this week) riding in the front seat between hubby and myself. This photo is of some of our corn on the east side of the woods. In the background, you can see that the woods surround this field--a great place for deer hunting (I only shoot with my camera!)

Photobucket

As you can see, it may be Autumn, but our leaves are still green, or all gone! I have GOT to plant some maples out here!!

Photobucket


Around to the right, there is a big clearing (our neighbor bails hay here) surrounded by woods. It is so amazing (so much so that I forgot to take a picture!!) to walk into the woods, so peaceful...and cool. In the summer, I will sometimes take Ole Blue and sit on the tailgate and read (FarmBoy brush hogs into the woods so I won't trip--I am a bit accident prone, go figure!) because it is always 10 degrees cooler in there. Well, long story short (ya right) we will take apples, melons, pumpkins, etc that have gone bad out there for the deer to eat...but we always throw the fruit at the trees, you know, to watch the fruit blow up. It is a great way to release tension, and we all know that Monday, after my car vs garage incident, I needed this. A blast was had by all...though FarmBoy was bummed because he had the biggest "air ball" of us all, which made Ky and I VERY pleased!!

We finally headed back, though Ky scrunched in the front with us...it was pretty chilly. It is truly amazing how quickly it is getting dark now. I truly love this time of year, but hate to see the sun go down. This next pic is taken of the good ole' Mid-West Sky...I just love the amber colors.

Photobucket

So take a minute sometime soon and enjoy this beautiful time of year--Happy Fall Ya'll!

6 comments:

TinaBug said...

Beautiful Pictures!!! I want to live there!!!

Frizzy said...

Are you sure you're in the midwest? That could be a shot of a sunset on a beach. GORGEOUS!!!

TinaBug said...

oh, by the way.... you've been tagged on my blog... check it out!

hugs from NC

Lilly said...

Oh my gosh you are a professional photographer. They are truly beautiful, all of them. You could sell them professionally or even start an Etsy shop. I was open mouthed looking at them. The sunset one was truly amazing - I agree it could have been a beach too! By the way thanks for leaving a comment on my Dad's post - bless him! Have a good day!

~B. said...

**whistles**...beautiful shots. Great fun. I want to come throw fruit.

Aubrey said...

Well, you have turned into some shutterbug! I love the pictures you have been posting lately. Love. Them.

Followers