Monday, October 13, 2008

What a day....

A typical Monday, some would say, but since when did waking up and going to work COST money? Leave it to me...I'd find a way. When the alarm went off this morning (when I thought it was Sunday), I should have just stayed put. We all were running around frantic-like, trying to figure out if it was Sunday or Monday...the arrival of the schoolbus confirmed it was indeed Monday. **UGH**

Pulling out of the garage was the icing on the cake...especially because my husband was there to witness my little "altercation" with the garage. It looked like I would truly prevail....I folded in the cotton-pickin mirrors and all!! (My Pacifica barely wedges in, maybe 2 inches to spare each side...may-be) Well, I guess it's a good thing I am not a gambler, because the garage won....$336 worth of damage! Can you IMAGINE!! I was freakin' fuming!

Called insurance (I have not had a ticket or claim in over 7 yrs) and those pocket book leeches told me that if I claimed it, it would cost me THREE POINTS!!! What does that mean, you ask....it means MORE money in premiums!! I have paid over...(I am getting a calulator...so just a sec.........)

$ 10,000 in premium and they wanna charge me more! They are freakin' idiots!

So...any suggestions for good insurance? Cuz I am ready to tell him to stick it where the sun DON'T shine!



{{{Ok, I DO realize hitting the garage is my fault...I am not blameless, but getting ripped off---I ain't into that. So there, I admitted I was WRONG...but only for hitting the garage door!!}}}}

7 comments:

OneZenMom said...

Oh no, what a terrible way to start a week! But you know what they say, if you can't be a shining example, at least you can serve as a horrible warning. :D

Seriously, though, insurance companies are a HUGE pet peeve of mine. We had a tree limb fall on our house after a big storm (yes, we get one or two of those a decade here in California) and they jacked up my rates and hinted that if I placed another claim within the year, they would cancel my policy.

Seriously? I pay all that money into your coffers for all those years, but the second I need a little bit back you turn on me like a rabid dog?

What a racket.

FarmGirl said...

Ya...it chaps my ass! Like you had any control over the storm...not like you commanded the skies to open up and make a mess out of your yard!

Insurance, unless something EXTREME happens, is a rip off! But what is a person to do? The only reason I have to work out of the home is for insurance, due to my health. Freakin' ridiculous!!

Honey Mommy said...

Insurance companies stink. Hope your week gets better!

Frizzy said...

I don't get the way they work either. They make me mad too. Plus, if it makes you feel any better my mom has done this same thing. She also backed into 2 of my exboyfriends cars while I was in highschool. For some reason she doesn't like to look behind her when backing out of the garage. I am glad you are ok and that the damage wasn't worse.

~B. said...

Oh, that sucks. Insurance companies are...just...GRRRRRR.

I swear that the delayed Daylight Savings Time is messing with us all. How many years have our bodies KNOWN that it's time to change the clocks. Not two weeks from now...but two weeks AGO. That's what I'm blaming your crappy Monday on...here's hoping for a much better day tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

oh honey! that sucks!! what is your ded.? Sometimes it's better to just fix it yourself than to bother turning it in. Esp if its just over your ded. :(

Aubrey said...

I always thought if you didn't get into any accidents/tickets and didn't file any claims, you should get your whole premium back. Same with health insurance. LOL

Sorry the garage ran into you! :)

Followers