Thursday, July 3, 2008

July 3, 2008

Ok, I am a fairly intelligent woman, but there is alot that I didn't realize I did not know. I truly am a beginner, trying to self teach myself in this vast world of modern over-my-head technology. Who knew that adding a stat counter would stump me....or that I would have to look up "how to get your URL"...which made me feel really ignorant, because the answer was so simple---DUH!! But I made it through my first day ok, and am still plugging away today. So a big kudo to all that have journeyed down this same path...there is a finish line, right?

What a storm we had last night....we had water everywhere...can't remember the last time it was like that. My hubby & I were outside trying to get things inside (the storm came fast w/o any warning) and the temperature raised about 15-20 degrees and the wind....we could barely get back to the house. I was really scared....it felt like I had just opened the oven door.....the temp changed like a slap in the face. We got inside and calmed the wild child down, turned on the radio...nada....."rain passing through the area"! Idiots...sometimes the weatherman just needs to step outside of his little building and REALLY assess the problem. GET A CLUE!! The wind was so hard that it picked up our cement secured swing and threw it up against the pool, breaking, not just bending, breaking the arms on the swing where my husband welded it a few years ago. That swing has been through a tornado and never did that. Did the same thing to my father-in-laws swing 1/2 mile down the road. It was just rain passing through...or so the local expert said. Idiots....paid idiots.

Flooded...again

2 comments:

Angie said...

Hey farm girl! I enjoyed your post. I've bookmarked your site and will expect daily updates! Did the wind and swing damage the pool? I hope not. Ky will be so disappointed. You will have to tell her, "Just get OVER it, Ky!" I'm looking forward to the fair and BBQ tomorrow. I can help you with the picture uploads if you want. Luv ya!

FarmGirl said...

Thanks! No the pool is fine, thank goodness. The little "princess" really would have had a fit!! Should have seen her last night BEFORE the storm...we got our old John Deere 1950 A fired up and she was driving like a pro! Hand clutch and all.....I think this is the type of clutch even YOU could operate!! Toodles for now! Thanks for looking, and be looking for updated links as well!!

Followers