Thursday, July 17, 2008

Who Would've Thunk It?

Many of you know my mom--a proper lady that knows what she wants out of life...independent & hard working. Many see my mom as prim...maybe even a little uptight, but it's an act folks....a beautiful show that she has perfected over the years. We all know that she & I have had our quables in the past, but as mother hood paid me a long-term visit about 10 years ago, she's really not that bad. "What?!" some of you may think.....Heather is not only praising her mom, but BLOGGING about it? Well, we only have one mom in this world and I think mine is pretty awesome....and she continues to amaze me.

Prime example, Ma & Pa (I don't really call them that, I just wanted to feel like Little House on the Prairie for a brief moment) Anyway, my parents came out yesterday morning to help with these goofy bulls we are trying to get ready for fair. Dad brought out some paint to touch up the grooming shoot and mom came along for the ride. Ky & I had to go to Bowling Green to the Feed Store there (told you Mike would make me go on errands!!) and when we got back....I don't know if it was the fresh cow-poo scented air or what....but my mother got CRAZY!! Not only did she agree to get ON a 4wheeler, but the Wild Southern Belle herself drove the dang thing...and I have proof! Didn't believe me did you....I was in shock! Now it did take about 5 minutes to explain to her that this was an automatic, so there was no clutch.....but then ZOOM!! She was off! I was in such shock I stood there motionless....she really did it!! She was driving....but not just any driving, no siree!!! She was hootin' & hollerin" like a wild banshee, laughing and speeding around the farm!! She went on a heck of a joy ride! They zipped around the barn before I knew it and I ran out into the field to catch the woman in action....she was too fast for me....all I could get were these "still" shots. What a riot it was! This woman, my mother, who had never driven a 4wheeler in her life....continues to amaze me!

Life is about taking chances, trying new things and hooting as loud as you can every now and then. Life...it's yours, so why not enjoy it?

Thanks Mom!!!

4 comments:

auntiepdiddie said...

Go Nana Go!!!

Missy said...

They say that you're supposed to do something that scares you every day just to challenge yourself... I think that qualifies! I love the way you wrote about it, too.

FarmGirl said...

It was a fun day..my mom was very entertaining! Thanks for posting comments...I love them!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. I loved looking at pics of your daughter with her calf. One of my friends use to do that with her calf and show him at the fair. You are right, we are blessed, not how boring our lives may seem. What is boring to me could be exciting to others!!

Followers