Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mental Preparation for the Farmer's Market

Believe it or not, nothing exciting to report today. It is Wednesday---Hump Day, and the only thing about today that has been enjoyable so far is my fountain Coca-Cola this morning. It is currently noon, which is when I usually enjoy the flashback lunch hour with Bex...but I am going to break routine and skip it today.

Rain is getting old, isn't it? I was watching the news last night and it is amazing that we here in the Midwest are so wet and California is fighting fires because it is so dry. There just does not seem to be a happy medium anywhere. We had another 3 inches of rain out at our farm...water everywhere. I have finally given up hope for my little garden...so I will be now be one of those crazy ladies standing behind the "starting line" at our local farmers market anxiously waiting for good ole' Sue Caine to blow that whistle! I mean, she BLOWS it too...all authoritative. It used to crack me up, but I will have to pay attention to her body language so that I may get a head start on those other biddies. They are brutal!! Have you ever been to the market at 8am when the whistle blows to "start shopping"? It is an old woman rat race....a few years ago I swear I was attacked! They are ruthless...I must find my steel toed boots before I even TRY to go this Saturday. The canes are what you have to watch out for...OUCH!

Enjoy!! And if anyone has any extra squash or zucchini....let me know!!!

No comments:

Followers