Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Decor Montage Unfolded---and the Tween

Turns out the whole weekend wasn't completely wasted. I was dog sick on Saturday, but come Sunday, I felt well enough between naps to scatter more "stuff" through the house. Hubby tried to pretend that it was the last thing he wanted to do, but he really did enjoy it...he's the one that got the ladder, measured and cut it---withOUT me asking!! He tries to play tough---but he ain't nothin!!

((See slide show below))

I must tell a funny story about my daughter. Now that 5th grade is here, she has unfortunately discovered that boys are cute. I try to not laugh as she gushes about playing kickball with the boys, or that so n-so hit her on the arm....the secret language of a 5th grader...ahhh. Anyway, so she is "going with" this one kid...(who is worse than a woman on the phone!! AHHH!! And yes, Momma laid the law...she's only 10 for pete's sake!!) Okay, so yesterday, I get home and she tells me she needs to "talk" to me. I am thinking, good grief, now what. So I sit down and she steps in front of me and says, "I broke up with Travin." Now, I KNOW she is testing me...to see if I start laughing (I find this whole tween thing pretty humorous, most of the time). I calmly nod my head, no smiling...."I just told him that the relationship just wasn't working out." She then smiled, and went to playing her trumpet. What the heck was that...my 10 year old...acting so...adult. Sheesh...she is better at communicating than I am. Then....I went outside to call AJ to giggle about insane phone boy won't be calling anymore---such a great VICTORY for me!! One boy down...and hopefully not anymore to go...til' she's 25 or something!!

YeE HaW!

6 comments:

Frizzy said...

Oh, no fun to be sick. Glad to hear you're back on your feet. The decorations look lovely. I love them all and the pot shelf up above is perfect for displaying them. Gorgeous! Happy Fall.

Sass said...

No more boys to go??? Wishful thinking, I'm afraid. :-)

Thanks for visiting my blog. Back at ya! :-)

Jacie said...

I don't even want to think about how I'm going to deal with boys when that time comes around. I guess with a shotgun. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments at my place. Loved this post! When my daughter was a tween she had many many boyfriends. We used to tease her that with so many names as ex boyfriends what was she going to name her son in the future??? She would laugh of course. She still has a few names left.
Enjoyed your site!

Aubrey said...

Glad you are feeling better...health wise anyway! Because as far as boys go, you'll be feeling pretty sick about that for years to come! LOL

~B. said...

She's adorable!

Hope you continue to feel better. :)

Followers