Thursday, September 18, 2008

Idiot Roll Call


Ok...so the truth is out. My dear, wonderful hubbie officially thinks I am an idiot. Why, you wonder? So glad you asked...........

(Hubby painting barn...Hubby out of paint...hubby calling FarmGirl)

Me: Hello
Him: I'm outta paint
Me: Okayyyyyyyyyy, do you want me to get some?
Him: Ya, I need three 5 gallon buckets...barn and fence paint.
Me: Ok, I'll stop at Tractor Supply
Him: It needs to be barn and fence paint
(No shit sherlock, you are painting a barn, right? DUH)
Me: Ya, I remember...I picked it up last time
Him: I need THREE... (I imagine him holding up 3 fingers)
Me: Got it
Him: Barn and fence paint...the red label
Me: Ok
Him: Call me when you get there...it's the red label
(Shut the hell up! I get it!!)
Me: Got it
Him: Don't forget to call
Me: Ok (jerk)

So I go in the store, to get the freakin' paint....

(Phone rings)

Him: Did you get it? You didn't call
(I just got off the phone with you, moron!)
Me: The guy is getting it from the back.
Him: I need THREE, ok? (Using his high pitch kid voice)
Me: I KNOWWWWWWWWWW
Him: You're getting the Barn & Fence paint, right?
Me: Yes
Him: The white?
Me: Yes
Him: The guy is getting the red label, right?
Me: Yes
Him: ok, see ya in a bit

I get the paint loaded, am heading home.....

(Phone rings, *sigh*)


Me: hello
Him: So did you get it?
Me: yes
Him: The barn fence paint, right?
Me: yes
Him: The red label, you got the red label right?
Me: yes... (I am starting to feel ornery now)
Me: Ya, I got five, 3 gallons.

LONG PAUSE

Him: What?
(oh this is too fun!! Too easy!!)
Me: Ya, I got five, just like you told me.
Him: I didn't say five. Did you really get FIVE?
Me: Yes you said FIVE, 1-2-3-4-5
(hee hee...they don't make it in 3 gallons)
Him: (almost yelling) YOU GOT FIVE??? How much money did you spend?
Me: a little over $400
(I am seriously trying not to giggle....he is wiggin' out)
Him: Ok....ok.....well, we can take it back. You have the reciept, right?
(Do I look that ignorant!! Give me a freakin' break!)
Me: No...I told her I didn't need the reciept....sorry
Him: YOU.HAVE.GOT.TO.BE.KIDDING.ME.FARMGIRL!!!!!!!!!
(ok, I am crying---I am laughing way to hard)
Me: Hey, I got another call, I'll see you in about 20 minutes...bye

So, he's calling back, freakin' out! I mean seriously, I am an educated woman! But I don't answer the phone. I pull in the driveway, and here he comes! OMG...I swear I could hear his footsteps in the grass...he looked like a big ole Sasquatch! I ran in the house, cuz I am laughing so hard!! I watch from the window as he opens the back hatch...then he looks to the house, back to the THREE buckets of FIVE gallon paint!

Who's an idiot now, MISTER!!!

(Ahh....that would be my loving hubbie....he is so much fun to mess with!!)

15 comments:

Frizzy said...

Ok, this is the kind of stuff my hubby does to me. Nothing bothers him but it's quite the opposite for me. HE LOVES DOING WHAT YOU JUST DID! I always ask him what is so fun about making me freak out. He just laughs and says, "Nobody's forcing you to freak out. That's your choice." I NEED TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO GET HIM BACK!!! I'm smiling by the way.

Anonymous said...

omg this is 2 funny! I laughed so hard....

FarmGirl said...

It was a classic, that is for SURE!! It was yet another very proud moment in my life!! THanks guys for sharing in my fun (at Hubby's expense!!) lol

Missy said...

Ooh, I love it! You're rotten, just rotten! I couldn't have kept the joke going that long, I usually laugh and give it away.

Becky said...

That was funny! I'm the gullable one in my family, but proud to be. Thanks for the comments and words of encouragement.

TinaBug said...

Ahhh, FarmGirl, you've really got a sense of humor! I love it. "Don't question my intellegence, you idiot!" hilarious! Thanks for the laugh this evening! I needed that!
chuckling in NC,
Tina

auntiepdiddie said...

Classic FarmGirl!!! You Rock. I can see him now! Was there a bare spot in the yard from him pacing back and forth waiting for you????

Love You!!!!

Auntie P

~B. said...

Fee! Fi! Fo! Fum!

Or, that's how I envisioned him from your most awesome story, stomping through the yard at ya!

You're a HOOT!

Anonymous said...

HA!
That's the kind of sweet revenge I always wish that I could pull off. ;)

Anonymous said...

Great things happen to those who wait!!! Tell him to just remember that! You should have bought RED paint - sounds like you knew exactly what you were doing and how WRONG it was - so funny. Thanks for the laugh this morning! Pacey would have loved the red fence - or just about anything that was not GREEN - from his JD friend

MaricrisG said...

Men! You just gotta love them! I think there's that male genetic defect that makes them think and act that way! He he he You are one funny lady! Hail to ya Sitstah!

MaricrisG said...

I took Shaolin and Tai Chi and it does helps a lot. I'm not surprise that your doctor recommended it. Look here : http://www.thepeacefuldragon.com/taichi.shtml and here http://www.thepeacefuldragon.com/students.shtml look further down where it says good reading for some cool articles and then here :http://www.kungfu.org/archives.shtml - this is Great Grandmaster Frank De Maria's site with cool stuffs on Tai Chi. If you live close by, I could have given you an exclusive free 30 day trial class with us :) Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.

MaricrisG said...

btw, Thanks for visiting my blog back. And if you like any of my wreath and decor, I'll be glad to ship them to you anytime! :) I've already shipped out quite a few to out of state and I'm happy my creations are going places! - geez look at this, I'm showering you with comments! YOu owe me one wreath! Cheaper than $400 bucks!LOL!

Aubrey said...

LOL
Sasquatch!!! I am laughing my booty off right now! Don't ya just LOVE it when you get 'em good!

BITR Country Girl said...

I found you on Tinabugs place. That was probably one of the best pranks ever! I'm sure he'll think twice now!

Followers