Thursday, August 7, 2008

13 Fun and Quirky Facts about ME!

Ok, I was reading my fellow SITS feature today (yes, I am a day behind...duh!) Anyway, she was tagged by another blogger to complete this little survey. Go see, Burried with Children at http://mimitchells.blogspot.com . She is a lady after my own heart!! If you decide to do this, leave a link in my comments so that I can take a look as well.

So drum roll please.............

1. I must have my underwear folded in a certain way. You must fold each side into the middle, then fold up center to waistband and tuck. My household has finally learned to let mom fold the undies...it drives me crazy folded any other way!!

2. June bugs freak me out! The way they fly into your hair, pelt your forhead...they are just plain nasty! And crunchy!! I can't stand it when we are outside and they "gather" around the garage door light, then fall to the floor after headbutting the light bulb, only to be crunched under your flip flops! Gag!! Nasty, worthless bug!

3. I love LOVE Neil Diamond! He is a musical genious! I recorded the American Idol with him on it so that I can listen to him....I have a girlfriend that shares my passion who I MUST call everytime I hear him on the radio!

4. I must drink a Coke every day...just one. I love this stuff, even though I know it is bad for me! And Pepsi just doesn't cut it!

5. One of my most favorite stores to go to is Randolph Mercantile, in Moberly, MO. I can just roam in there for great lengths of time. It is a home decor store that mixes antiques & reproductions flawlessly with a hint of shabby chic flav with a dash of primitive. Christmas is the best time to go. She has this awesome old time sleigh out in the front of her store with real Christmas Trees piled in. Ahhh....I think it is time to take a little road trip. Last time my pal Angie and I went, we had to make 2 trips b/c it would not fit all at once. So we drove 40 minutes home, unloaded, and drove back. The place is addicting!!

6. Along with #5, I adore flea markets. We (hubby, Ky & I) will make a scavenger hunt list of things to find. We'll leave mid morning and travel wherever the road takes us, stopping at all the flea markets on the way. We have great fun! There is usually points assigned for each thing, but somehow the points never matter! Ky found this great jar w/ marbles in it, then shooters for each of us further down the road. We just love playing marbles!

7. I am addicted to reading. By addicted, I mean...can't stop once I start. My husband always groans when I purchase a new Jodi Picoult or James Patterson...cuz I will read until 4 am if I have to. I always tell myself that I will "read to the next chapter" but that never happens. I am a very fast reader. I read JK Rowling's last installment of Harry Potter in 3 days. I just have such a hard time putting it down b/c I want to know what happens!

8. I love playing scramble on facebook. Ridiculous, I know...but I like to see if I can beat my best score. I have sadly only made it into the top 10 one time!! So sad....isn't it! haha

9. This number just so happens to be the best number of all time. Love this number!

10. My new favorite color is orange...don't ask why...it just is. I don't want to paint any rooms orange (at least not yet!!), I just like to wear the color. I noticed this when I cleaned my closet out last week...I have lots of orange. My pal Ang used to make fun of me b/c I always had black or brown, so I try to pay close attention...I don't wanna be a drab bag!!

11. I am really sad that Warrick will no longer be on CSI...all the good people are leaving. I am trying not to panic, but even Gil is leaving! YIKES!

12. I am super angry at KRCG--Channel 13 (our CBS provider) Since they are demanding a 130 % increase for DISH Network to re-broadcast their signal, I am missing out on David Letterman and the news--the other channels only have idiots working for them...the news has been quite painful lately.

13. Mint choco chip icecream...yum yum!! Wish I was close to a Baskin Robbins!!

OK, now you try! I can't wait to see what you all have to say!!

7 comments:

Jen said...

I am glad that you played along. I agree with you on the coke thing, Pepsi can't touch it. But for me its Diet Coke and I have about 2 a day.
Thanks for stopping by and all the nice things you said. I am glad that you like what you read. ;)

FarmGirl said...

Glad you came over for a visit! It was a fun survey! Thanks for your comments!

~B. said...

Ack! We have so much in common: the reading, the flea markets, etc.

I will do this and link you in the next day or two...thanks!

Oh...and here's a fun fact about me: DH proposed right after I was singing "Foreverin' Bluejeans" to him while drinking and playing Backgammon late one night. LOL! (Oh...and for those who may read and don't know...it's a song by Neil Diamond...hellllooooo!) :D

FarmGirl said...

YES!! Another lover of Neil! That is such a GREAT song too!! In your honor, on my way home tonite...I'll be singin' this song! DH obviously has good taste! ;)

Missy said...

Why are we some of the only ones from good ol' MHS that blog? It is way too fun.
My underwear drawer would make you cringe, girl! Just all smooshed in there together, thongs mingling with granny panties! For shame!
The flea market scavenger hunt sounds cool. So you just drive and end wherever? I know you've found some crazy stuff in neat little towns.
And Neil IS the best! Kentucky Woman, Cracklin' Rosie, You Got to Me...how could you pick a favorite?

Frizzy said...

Ok, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE MY TWIN! I fold my underwear the same way, I love antiquing, flea marketing with my hubby and coke. I am also from Lee's Summit MO. Well, I lived there more of my life than I did anywhere else so to me it's where I'm from. I too HATE JUNE BUGS for the SAME REASONS! My hubby thinks I'm nuts but reading your post/words was like hearing myself. Oh, I did my list of 13 fun and quirky things last night. Come check them out. I wish I had added the June Bug and Coke things. I must have had my coke for the day and Why would I think about June bugs unless I was being dive bombed by them. AACK! Oh, I also say, "Stick a fork in me, I'm done at least once a week."

Kelly said...

I have some of the same quirks:
#1, #7, #9
and I'm impressed by your dedication to #5!
Found you via SITS - congrats on being SAUCY!!

Followers