Friday, August 22, 2008

Sweet Corn For Sale!!

This is my Friday Fiesta Foto Finish for this week. I have mentioned Candid Carrie before, but if you haven't checked her out, you need to. It gives us all a great opportunity to share some of our favorite photos. Her blog rocks. I have a button on the right, so if you haven't go see her pronto!


Photobucket

Yes, Yes...another endearing pic of my little gal. As many of you know, we have been corn selling fools for 2 weeks. I always grumble about it (at least after the first few days, when the "this is neat" has worn off). Well, we are finally done. Almost 2 full weeks of bustin' our butts, but we are finished. This pic is of the last loader full of corn that we had. We sold/delivered over 200 dozen ears of corn...all hand picked by US! The only sad thing is that, I did not pick enough for me to freeze back for us. But, at this point in the game, I don't give a rats about that! We had so much fun though, tromping in the corn field and meeting so many great people at our produce stand.

Thanks for checking me out today....now if I could just find someone selling corn!! haha, oh, and YEE HAW!

10 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

So cute!!

Unknown said...

I love that photo. I love her freckles. I bet she moans about them, but they are absolutely gorgeous!
Many many thanks for your visit, I really do appreciate it and it was really nice to meet you and your corn gal!

~B. said...

I love this one! LOVE. IT. I really need to remember this for next week.

So, I've been thinking about all that corn that you've had for sale b/c we have trucks out selling it everywhere here, but the first and only time I asked how much it was, they said $5.75 for a dozen or something. And I ran for cover. 'Cause I could eat a dozen a day. Today I saw it for $3.75/dozen. And I still didn't stop because this time I didn't have the cash. Waaaaah. :*(

Frizzy said...

Your daughter is cute as always and I absolutely love her t-shirt. I want one of those! Reminds me of a country song!

Jen said...

Mmmm, yummy sweet corn. So annoying getting stuck in the teeth but so tasty. The babies just love. I think that we need to get some around here.

Aubrey said...

What a beauty she is!
I love the smell of fresh corn! Good job with the sales! Sorry you won't have enough to freeze. You always have next year!

Kristen said...

Thanks for stopping by! The blog I have isn't custom, it's just a blog template I found through a friend. A link to the website is at the bottom of my blog. And by the way, I love sweet corn.

FarmGirl said...

Susie said...
I love, love, love corn on the cob. So, thank you for what you do! Great picture:-) That's framable!

August 22, 2008 11:20 AM
Jo-Jo said...
Oh yumm! I love corn on the cob! And I love your gal's shirt! Too Cute!

August 22, 2008 4:35 PM
Nancy said...
I love her shirt!! I need one like that :)

August 22, 2008 5:21 PM
Kelly said...
What a great back drop for a pretty girl!! I'm glad to hear your produce stand was successful!

FarmGirl said...

Well drats...I double posted my sweet corn...forgot I had scheduled it...duH! Just more proof how "new" this bloggy stuff is to me!! I copy & pasted some of the other comments b/c I don't know how to merge the 2 posts....so sorry to those that posted on the other one. I hope everyone will go check them out...they seem to be great gals!
http://susieshomemade.blogspot.com/
http://sleeplessnbluefield.blogspot.com/
http://whoeversong.blogspot.com/

Again, so sorry, Susie, JoJo, Kelly & Nancy!! Please forgive my ignorance!! Ahhhh!!

Melissa said...

Cute picture!! I love some sweet corn! My hubby grows it every year!

Followers